Monday, February 8, 2010

Age of Apocalypse

I just wanted to get this down on paper... um... internet...

Got a theory that this season is closely resembling an old comic book storyline from the X-Men called the Age of Apocalypse. (I know it's difficult to believe that someone who has a blog about a television show could ever read comic books, but it's true!)

I doubt anyone other than Fusco (if he still read this) or Foy (if he ever reads this) will enjoy this reference, but like I said, I just wanted to get it down in case it comes to pass... Actually you know what... don't read anymore of this... you'll just lose whatever respect you ever had for me.

In the comic Professor X's kid Legion travels back in time to kill Magneto, and a group of X-Men go to stop him, because you shouldn't mess with time. Legion wants to kill Magneto 'cuz he's caused so many problems for the mutants and the world.

JACK... wants to blow up the Swan Hatch because of all the problems it caused!

Only problem, is Legion screws up and accidentally kills Professor X!!! And a whole new timeline is created where everything is out of whack creating the Age of Apocalypse. Sound familiar?

Not quite as crazy as the X-Men timeline, but this other Lost timeline is definitely different.

The one thing that stands out to me is Desmond.... he might be Bishop.

Bishop was one of the X-Men who traveled back in time to stop Legion (he failed, but...). But Bishop was already a time traveler, so when the timeline changed... he remained and everything else changed around him.

What I'm guessing/thinking is Desmond will start popping up in other people's "other"timeline, and they'll all recognize him for some weird reason but can't place it... at some point he'll start to reveal his true purpose... no clue what that is... but I'll bet it has to do with correcting these timelines... or some SHIT!!!

Anyway is Desmundo starts showing up in more alternate timeline stories... LOOK OUT!

Fusco... I hope you still read this. And to the rest of you... I'm so, so sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with "the world" that I read comics. Anyway, I really like this theory and believe its very possible. I didn't even think about the Desmond/Bishop connection. He is a wild card just like
    Bishop was...or some SHIT!!!
    Anyway, I'll have to keep an eye out for any more similarities like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really didn't spell out the Desmond being Bishop thing. Des isn't time displaced like Bishop, but as Faraday said, the rules don't apply to him because he is special... so hopefully that helps.

    And I'm sorry about the comics thing... I just couldn't hold that secret in any longer. It feels like such a weight has been lifted.

    ReplyDelete