Monday, January 19, 2009

One more question...

I just rewatched the 3 part finale last night, for what was probably the 6th or 7th time. I can't recall if I listed this as one of my questions below...

Penny said she knew where to look because of a tracking station she setup after Desmond's phone call, the one she'd been waiting 8 years for. That's fine. But it reminded me that there's something off with Des and Penny's interaction history.

Desmond broke up with Penny.

Desmond's consciousness went back in time during "the Constant" to tell Penny that he needed her number and would call in 8 years.

***coming back to here

Penny gets Desmond's call 8 years later.

Penny searches for and finds Desmond and the Oceanic 6 (and Frank Lapidus, who happens to be a pretty good pilot).

*** But Penny found Desmond at the Stadium before his run where he intially meets up with Jack. This was between their meeting at her new house and their phonecall on Christmas eve.

Penny didn't want to mention there last encounter at all?!?

I know it hadn't "happened" yet, but this is something to pay attention to moving forward.

They've said through various characters (Mrs. Hawking, Faraday) that you can't change the future. I think they mean fate. You can impact the future and change events, but ultimately the universe will course correct.

I'm confused.


HAHAHAHA wait a second, I just realized that no one is reading this. HAHAHAHAHA

1 comment:

  1. I think you are justified in your confusion. What helps me not be as confused too much is that the show defies all logical and probability. It seems impossible to make sense of impossibilities. I do think I helped at all but it helps me not get so confused. There are SO many things that could really trip you up in season 5. Like could Kate and Locke track the steps of anyone who is not there in real time but is in there 30 years earlier? Could they talk? Does Charlotte really die with Daniel or does she just die in that time period they are in?

    ReplyDelete