Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Episode 14: The Candidate

Wow. Wow. Wow.

This is basically a taste of how rough the finale will be cuz then they're all gone. And they just wiped out THREE original cast members. Sun. Jin. (Ji Yeon and orphan now) Sayid (went out a good guy though).

I really don't have a ton to add to this ep. I'm tired... defeated... depressed.

Off-Island... it's all bleeding over. TONS of hints at them realizing the other world.

On Island... heartbreak.

Sun and Jin... at least they died together. Very sad about Ji Yeon though. They were back together for about a day. Very sad. And did they REALLY have to show them slipping away at the end. It's a good thing I hap company to watch this with.

Sayid... looks like Desmond's words had an impact. He died a good guy. Trying to save his friends.

He also had some very interesting words for Jack. He told him where to find a very much ALIVE Desmond.... and that Jack would be IT... or something like that. He must be the candidate.

Poor Claire is stuck with Locke... could she be his replacement? Brother/sister Jack/Claire... were Locke and Jacob brothers? I hope Claire doesn't get screwed.

Next week's ep looks like the one we've been waiting for... Man In Black and Jacob.

This is very sad but I couldn't help make the connection between Sawyer pulling the wire and Jack dropping Jughead. And YES, I know Sawyer made the more logical move... but I think Jack spelled out the rules. MiB can't kill them. They had to do it themselves. No way the bomb was going off without some help.

We're left with...

Jack
Kate (but for how long?)
Hurley
Sawyer

Widmore?
His chick?
Cronies?

The Others?
Cindy and the Kids? (doubt we'll see ANY of them anymore)

Locke
Claire

Desmond

and...

Lapidus. DID YOU SEE A DEAD BODY? Me neither. He's alive until I hear otherwise.

Sorry... just trying to leave on a happy note.

That was a tough one.

Thoughts?

I didn't say much, but what can ya say?

10 comments:

  1. Two things:
    You left out the Miles-Alpert-Ben trio as people we're left with.

    And after last night's episode I'm thinking that Desmond didn't just run over Locke for revenge (a motive which seems way too straightforward for this show). Maybe he did it so that Locke and Jack would have some interaction. Still don't know why Desmond would think it's so important to get everyone together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops ya forgot them.

    And yes, Desmond is trying to trigger as many reaction to the other world as possible. It's part of the end game that we are rapidly approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night was SAD! At the time I was too worried about what I thought should happen. Jin and Sun dying together was touching. Jin could not imagine living another day with out his Sun. Pretty deep stuff right there.

    Jack finally broke down. I think the tears were from all this shiz that had been going on (thru out the series). He has kept it together the entire time and he finally broke down and let it all out. It was good to see .

    I am glad that Locke showed his true colours. He is the devil that Jacob had been warning everyone about. I have always been a Locke fan so I was holding out hope that he was still kinda in there even though MIB took over his body.

    I don't know what they are going to do with Kate.

    Sayid went out like a hero. I was really happy to see that. He was awesome. I think he feels that him dying to save everyone else was a way to make up for all the torture that he felt so bad about. Sacrificial lamb...

    What else is gonna happen with Ben? He knows the most about the island outside of Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be going through and re-watching this ep, hopefully tonight before the M's game, and posting a more in depth recap. CUZ I NEED TO!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tough episode, but definitely a good one. I can't wait to watch it again, I just hope I don't cry as hard this time. There's just a couple more episodes left, correct?

    One question, so what is Miles/Alpert/Ben's game plan? Are they just waiting for things to blow over? Do you think Rose and Bernard are still kicking on the island somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I guess Widmore wouldn't really mind killing all of the candidates? He made it seem like he wouldn't do that but then why did he rig the plane with explosives? Obviously he wanted to kill the Monster but wouldn't that have been too much collateral damage?

    Maybe UnLocke planted the bomb on the plane too, just to frame Widmore. Actually, that makes a lot more sense, because he did grab the watch off that guy before he even went in the plane and found the C4. And later, he used the watch to detonate the explosive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate - Yes, just two more eps and then the finale on May 23rd.

    Last we heard form Ben/Richard/MIles they were headed to New Otherton to raid the weapons facility. I'm hoping the Others who aren't dead meet up with them and then they can help our 4 heroes who are left (5 if you count Desmond)

    Quite possible we haven't seen the last of Rose/Bernard/Vincent, but I wouldnt expect to see them again on the island. Wouldn't mind it though.

    Erik - See I don't think Widmore WANTS them to die, but if meant stopping the Smoke Monster from leaving he would do that.... although... nice point... the Smoke monster wasn't REALLY going to leave on the plane anyway, so Widmore doesn't know much about Smokey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you see that the finale is now 2 and a half hours?

    And also, Bernard was annoying again last night. Oh really? Jack was flirting with your wife? Give me a break old man. Have you seen some the broads this guy slays?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No I did not see that. I know there's a ton of recap eps going on before it, but if it is 2 hours... AWESOME!!!

    And yeah, Jack can trip getting off the plane and bone a chick hotter than Rose.

    ReplyDelete