Monday, September 6, 2010

Bad News

TV season is starting and I jsut won't have time to go through the entire 6 seasons of Lost. As a consolation to the 3 people (more like 1... me) who still read this, I just re-watched the final season and finished the finale.

Everything that was awesome is still awesome. But over some time, here's a quick list of things that kind of bugged me:

- David Shephard. What happens to him? kind of sad actually. Will his parents just be gone now? What the hell is he supposed to do? Maybe that event (missing parents) leads him to the actual people that mattered in his life... or maybe he goes Kurt Russell/Vanilla Sky. Bummer.

- Miles. As a fan, I would have liked to see him in the church. But I'm ok with the idea that he lived a full happy life after the island and others were more important to him.

- Helen. Shouldn't she have been in there sitting with Locke? And if not her, Boone. He felt out of place sitting in the back with Sawyer and Juliet.

- Why can Jin speak perfect English in the sideways after waking up? Not really a complaint, just kind of funny.

- I think Boone and Shannon probably should have "triggered" each other... but they didn't have another way to get Sayid to wake up. It could have been Nadia but they used her too much and maybe... maaaaaybe they didn't plan ahead? No way.

- Still bums me out that Mikhail/Omar/Keamy are able to be killed. This is they're afterlife too. Maybe they're rotten shits and go to hell? Bummer.

- Hurley never said goodbye to anyone on the island. Still bugs me... but the epilogue takes care of that. I'm sure he got to see them all again.

- The plane didn't have to leave. Jack fixed it. But they didn't know that. Kind of a bummer. They wanted to leave anyway I guess.

Anyway, still the best ep of television ever.


So that's it for Lost right now. I'll watch em all again at some point. Hopefully soon. Might still try and update this site with other crappy tv stuff.

See ya!

4 comments:

  1. If Jin instantly remembers everything that happened in his real life, shouldn't his knowledge of the English language come back to him as well?

    As for the other people being killed or David being abandoned, I just thought that they weren't real. Doesn't Christian tell Jack that the world they were in was one that THEY created? I assumed he meant the people in the church. The other people were just conjured up in their sub-conscious. Sometimes it turned out to be real people like Keamy or Mikhail because those people were embedded in our characters' memories as "bad people." So, theoretically, Keamy has his own sideways reality he has to go through, and maybe Sawyer or Ben pops up in his.

    As for David, I'm sure he was conjured up by Jack because he wanted a chance to be a better father than Christian.

    Of course, you've watched it more than I have, and the last time I saw the finale I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have, so let me know if that seems plausible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's take this piece by piece:

    "If Jin instantly remembers everything that happened in his real life, shouldn't his knowledge of the English language come back to him as well?"

    Yeah it would, but he always has an accent, and doesn't once he wakes up. He drowned with an accent. No more time to improve on it. I don't really care, just thought it was an oversight.


    "As for the other people being killed or David being abandoned, I just thought that they weren't real. Doesn't Christian tell Jack that the world they were in was one that THEY created? I assumed he meant the people in the church. The other people were just conjured up in their sub-conscious. Sometimes it turned out to be real people like Keamy or Mikhail because those people were embedded in our characters' memories as "bad people." So, theoretically, Keamy has his own sideways reality he has to go through, and maybe Sawyer or Ben pops up in his. "

    I'd be ok with this, only there are people sharing this space they've created, Eloise Hawking for one seems to have "woken up" and Daniel is waking up too. Ben doesn't leave with them and he's aware of what's going on. It's like some people can share it and other can't? You're right, Christian's comment about being a place they created makes sense, but not the stragglers (Hawking, Faraday, Ben, etc.... actually Ana Lucia too)

    "As for David, I'm sure he was conjured up by Jack because he wanted a chance to be a better father than Christian."

    Well, duuuuuh. Just kidding, I agree. Just wonder if he was a real person outside of that world, and if not, who else was fake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think the brothers were a symbol for free will vs. fate.

    ReplyDelete