Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Episode Recap: Dead is Dead

I had high expectations for this ep, and while I still found it excellent, it definitely left me wanting more.

Let's try and go through the ep chronologically.

-Eddie Vedder, or Charles Widmore, I couldn't tell, rides a horse into camp and sets us off on a series of Ben flashbacks. Richard tells Widmore that Jacob wanted Ben saved... which was interesting to me, because I didn't think Richard spoke to Jacob, and that's what made Ben SOOOOO important to the Hostiles. So does Jacob just speak to whoever he wants? I dunno.

- Ben and Ethan (how'd he switch sides and when?) were the ones that kidnapped Alex. For such an anticipated scene, it was a bit of a let down. I also think Ben should've said he killed Danielle, and then his advice to Danielle would have made even more sense. She survived because they never found her. Also, Ben sort of confirms that the whispers are the others... but... I heard them when Christian and other island happenings occurred. Don't think we'll ever get a solid answer on that one. Instead it just looks like they left her alone because... I dunno.

**Sidenote: So Danielle's team just must have crashed on the Hostile side of the island and that's why the D.I. wasn't able to help her. That will have to do.**

- Widmore said the Island wanted Danielle and Alex killed. Why? Was Widmore making up orders? Possibly? Did it lead to his exile form the island? That along with consistently leaving the island and shagging some normal broad and having a kid (Penny). Charles broke "the rules". I'd like a list of the rules. I'd read it. Did Jacob start talking to Ben and make the final call on banishing him? I'll say it again... Why not just tell everyone Jacob talks to you and start calling your won shots?

- DESMOND SIGHTING!!! So Ben wimps out on killing Penny cuz he sees Charlie... I guess. I wonder how they'll introduce these characters again to the show. They don't seem to have a storyline remaining.

** Add Desmond to the list of people who have beaten the shit out of Ben**

- Back on... what I think... is real time on the island. Ben and Locke head off to the main island to meet up with Frank and Sun... but not before Ben kills Cesar!!!! I thought this dude was going to be a main character down the road?!?! Only thing I can think of would be they set Locke up and he shot him with buckshot or something... but I think he's dead.

** I still have problems with the condition of the barracks... doesn't fit**

- Sun tells everyone that Christian told her to wait for Locke. So looks like Locke is the key to everyone getting back together.

- Frank has had enough and went back to the Hydra island, only to be greeted by Ilana and some other who have... I dunno... lost it? They ask him "What lies in the shadow of the statue?". And when he can't answer them? They knock him out. I'm having a tough time thinking of a time on Lost where I was more confused. Only thought is that her question is a code they are asking everyone to see if they're on the same side or not? Maybe Eloise Hawking told Widmore about the flight and he put his own team in place? Guess we'll find out more later... I hope.

- Ben is ready to summon the smoke monster so he drains some water. Of course!!!! Not sure what that was all about.

** Why did the D.I. build their houses on such a dangerous area? How much did they know about Smokey?**

- Locke disappears for a bit, only to come back with knowledge of where to find Smokey. How? He doesn't really reveal that. Strange I know.

- Looks like we're getting closer to finding out what the Temple is all about. Ben said they built that wall to keep people out. Well he must have meant his people, as in, the Natives. Cuz the thing looks ancient.

- Ben gets JUDGED! I'd say it compares almost perfectly to Eko. Ben was judged and he "seems" to be sorry. Smokey turns into Alex and tells Ben to follow whatever Locke says and he agrees. Eko was judged and he "asked for no forgiveness. Smokey turned into Yemi and told Eko he was in trouble (not in so many words).

It's looking like Smokey is a judge/jury for the island. Then what is Jacob? How do they relate? Are they two opposing sides?

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Please help us save Reaper. WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE. Don't stay silent! The CW will never know how much you'd like Reaper to stay if you never tell them.

    EMAIL:

    feedback@CWTV.com

    http://www.cwtv.com/feedback/comments

    feedback@tvguide.com

    ADDRESSES (this works best, remember Jericho's second season?):

    http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/reaper-tv-show-support/

    Please consider taking a moment to send in a letter or postcard. Even a simple "Please Renew Reaper!" makes a difference.

    30 Second Options:

    Petition:

    http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/reaper-petition/

    Vote:

    http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b107874_save_one_show_help_your_fave_se e.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.... not sure how this post foudn us or got here... but it makes a good point. Reaper is a solid show.

    ReplyDelete