Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Episode Recap: LaFleur

Is two weeks enough to get over Lost? (probably not, but we'll find out).

Real good episode confirmed a lot of our theories here.

The internet is hating me right now, so forgive the shortness.

As I suspected Sawyer and Co. are and were stuck in Dharma days for 3 years when Jack and Co. show up. Is it just a coincidence that Elloise Hawking's "window" put them back at the same time the stopped time skipping? Someone explain that to me.

Anyway, way back in time is the last skip... we get to see, what I can only assume is the body that belonged to the four toed foot. I doubt we'll see much more of it... for now. But a nice little treat for the superfans!

Then... we're stuck in Dharma days. 1971 (if my math is correct).

- Dan is a little mind blown by Charlotte's revelation that he tried to warn her about coming back to the island. It goes against everything hes been saying... so understandable I guess.

- I wonder why the Hostiles/Others were attacking Amy and Paul to begin with?

- Sawyer displayed excellent island knowledge when coming up with his LaFleur back story.

- Nice little shot of Charlotte... I'm sure we'll see her some more as a young girl.

- Gotta go back and watch all the Richard scenes again now and see if he has any interaction with Sawyer, because he'd definitely remember him. Maybe there weren't any. Can any of you remember one?

Anyway... I guess Saywer's crew goes about business as usual into ...

1974:

- Sawyer (LaFleur) is the head of a security team (Star logo) that seems to have a station near the barracks. He's got Jin and Miles (interesting to see what Miles has been up to since he used to be on the island (probably Pierre Chang's kid)) working with him searching for his people (on the downlow). At first I thought about Rose/Bernard/Vincent/etc. (who by the way, if they haven't shown up in three years, I'd be really worried about) but they could just as easily be looking for Locke and the O6.


- Juliette is a greasemonkey (wrench logo). Of course she is.

- Didn't see Daniel in this ep. But we have a pretty good idea what he's up to based on the season premier.

- So Horace Goodspeed knock up Micheller Dessler (Amy... sorry). But when did he get rid of his first lady (Princess Toadstool)? Maybe it's not a big deal, but I'd like to know.

- Amy's baby was delivered... sooooo... pregnancies must run into problems after 1974. good work from Juliette.

- Speaking of Juliette... poor girl. First Jack chose Kate over her... and now... Kate's back.... I;m just sayin'.

That's about it, I think. 2 weeks to go... so let's go into the preview a little bit. Looks like Jack and company are integrated into the DI. Noticed Jack had a workman suit on. Ha! Wonder how he'll like that. Also, Sayid is apparently in 1974 as well. So of the Oceanic 6 only Sun stayed with the rest of the plane in what I'll assume is the present. Wonder why?

Anyway... thoughts? Comments?

Again, sorry, my connection is dogshit tonight.

5 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that the dates were actually 1974 and 1977? Was I wrong or was this other source?

    Either way... forgot to mention that the baby that was delivered, wouidl it be to old to be Karl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farraday is obviously wigging out. Did you see the look in his eyes when he saw little Charlotte? What are the chances he turns into some crazy pedophile?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliette keeps getting hotter and hotter, why no mention of this Finn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortune - chances of Faraday becoming a chi-mo? Hopefully slim to none.

    EP - Sorry my attention was drawn to the terribly underrated hotness of Reiko Aylesworth (sp?). But for those Juliette fans out there I have one word for you... Gia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see that the island also had the healing effect on Herc. I'm sure he'll have lots to talk about with Locke if they ever meet.

    You think we can get Streeter to the island and see if it works for him too? I'd love to see him throwing some passes to Jack (now that Tom's dead).

    ReplyDelete